Thursday, September 27, 2012

pumpkin decorating

I'm back. Surprised to see me writing a post so soon? haha. I might just actually remember that I have a blog and write in it for a change ;  We shall see....

Like I said in my last post, I definitely did not want to carve a pumpkin this year. Last year, I got a special pumpkin carving kit and I even printed out a template for cutting out a certain design on my pumpkin. But, the pumpkin turned out pretty bad and I just gave up halfway through carving it. This year, I was perusing pintrest and saw some pumpkins that were painted. I decided that painting was definitely the way to go! I couldn't find the picture that I saw but it was of a white pumpkin with some design on it. I just knew that I wanted to have a white pumpkin.

I just happened to have some white spray paint on hand that I had just recently bought for another project. I took the pumpkin outside and just painted away. I ended up spraying the stem white too because I didn't tape it off so I just painted that black later on. The last thing I did to the pumpkin was attach a bat sticker that I bought at Michael's recently.

Without further adieu, here is my pumpkin....


I absolutely love my pumpkin and I am definitely planning on painting a pumpkin again next year. The neighbor kids are definitely loving my pumpkin too. As soon as I put my pumpkin outside in front on my door, one of the neighbor kids told me that it looked really cool.

After the wee one woke up from his nap, I got him to take some pictures with the pumpkin too.


In case you were wondering, I got his skeleton pajamas at Walmart. They even glow in the dark which is great for looking in on him at night in his crib. I can always find where he is without turning on the lights. haha. I doubt he will actually wear these pajamas on Halloween to go trick-or-treating because it will probably be too cold for that. We already have another costume in mind that someone gave to us. Score!

Here is another picture of the cutie


Next thing I know, the photo session is over as far as the model goes. Models these days...no manners. HA!


Good times!   Anyways, I plan on writing another blog post soon but I will just have to figure out exactly what I want to blog about ;

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the bat pumpkin!! What a great idea! And the skeleton isn't too shabby, either. :)

    ReplyDelete