Sunday, October 7, 2012

cross stitch

Sorry that I haven't written in my blog in a little while. I was in Portland, Oregon last week and I did not take my computer with me. I definitely am trying to write more in here so I plan on blogging about my Portland trip sometime soon.

Anyways, I wanted to write a post about my latest crafty adventure. So, I don't know exactly why I started getting into crafting. Maybe it was pinterest or my sister-in-laws or just whatever. Whatever the reason, I have definitely become more interested in creating things and learning how to do creative things.

Last year, I was shopping at a local craft store and I came upon a little christmas cross stitch. I went ahead and bought it because I thought it would be fun to do and it only cost a couple of dollars. I looked at it a few times throughout this past year but I wasn't sure exactly where to begin. Just recently, I got together with some friends to have a crafting night. I decided to bring along my cross stitch. I worked on it a little bit there and finished the rest at home. At times, I looked on YouTube to explain more about how a certain stitch was done.

Here is my finished project:


All in all, I really enjoyed doing a cross stitch and I have already bought another one to do. I can't wait to get started on it.

3 comments:

  1. I like this cross stitch and I can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been crosstitching off and on since I was in 4th grade. I had a teacher that taught us and I loved it. I've done some really large pieces and given them as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed! I've never tried crosstitching. I'm sure you can refer to that infertility crosstitch I put on my blog awhile back if you need some inspiration, haha. Anyway, I'm proud of you for dominating a new craft skill!!

    ReplyDelete